Shutter actuations: Canon EOS Rebel T3i

Discussion in 'Canon EOS' started by riz, Jun 30, 2012.

1. riz

riz

Hi,
    Would be grateful if you let me know the online site/program to know the shutter actuations of my Canon EOS Rebel T3i.
    Thanking you in anticipation.
    Regards,
    Riz

2. i put magic lantern on mine and it tells you how many shutter actuations on the camera itself

3. riz

riz

Thanks Eddie. I have just bought T3i. Please let me know if ML is error-free and safe on T3i.

And in case someone destroys the camera's software/operating system then what is the remedy?

4. The remedy is, much like a computer, to install a new copy of the OS. Reinstall either a) new firmware (whatever the latest version is), or b) ML again.

5. riz

riz

Thanks Marcus. But it won't ruin the camera. Right?

6. riz

riz

Thanks Leopold. I tried this site earlier. It's asking camera to be connected to the computer. For this I am bit hesitant due to viruses and malware. What do you say?

7. Well the program isn't telepathic, so your camera obviously has to be connected to the computer while you run it ;) Also, PC malware can't infect a camera.
    There's a long discussion thread about this program on POTN, including screenshots of results and all that jazz. Unfortunately both my bodies are Digic II, so I haven't been able to try it myself.

8. riz

riz

Well the program isn't telepathic, so your camera obviously has to be connected to the computer while you run it ;)

For my Nikon I used to upload the last image on the website and that gave the count.

9. riz

riz

Thanks Leopold. I have checked with eoscount, worked perfectly :)

10. Is EOScount accurate? I checked my 3 week old T2i and got over 800 shutter actuations, which is extremely high. I know for sure that I didn't take so many photos. I bought the camera from Wal-mart and it looked never been used.

11. riz

riz

Sanath, I bought my camera day before yesterday and results are accurate. May be you have to check with Wal-Mart.

12. I used the EOScount on my 7D and it showed about 38,000 count which seems to be correct.

13. EOS count should work w/ any Canon camera w/ a digic4 processor (or multiple Digic4s ;-) ), but I had heard a few rumors that it wasn't working on new Rebels (even though they were DiGiC4 equipped...), which was why I didn't suggest it. Good to know it still works reliably.
    In answer to your question, no, it won't damage the camera (much in the same way Linux won't damage your computer ;-) ).