Shoulder bag recommendation for laptop plus camera gear

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Colin O, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Thanks all for the replies. I didn't realise they were even here - I guess I missed an email alert or something.

I don't think what I want to carry is unreasonable. As I said, I'm not looking for a bag to carry _all_ of my photo gear at once. The main purpose of this bag is to carry a laptop to/from work. I was just hoping to be able to fit some camera gear in there too, because a photo opportunity is not a photo opportunity if you don't have a camera with you!

I already have a laptop shoulder bag (showing its age - needs replacement) that manages to fit my laptop, compact umbrella, sunglasses, power adapter, external HDD and headphones with ease, so I don't think adding some photo gear would require the likes of a Think Tank Retrospective 50! Maybe you were thinking of a full suite of lenses, but size-wise, I'm thinking of gear more along the lines of this...
    Sony A7M2 und ZEISS Loxia
    I guess, maybe adding a second body to that would be pushing things.

Edit: Actually, the Think Tank Retrospective 50 doesn't look as enormous as I imagined...
    https://www.prophotonut.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/think-tank-comparison.jpg

2. Sandy Vongries

Sandy Vongries Moderator Staff Member

Might be worth your time to message them with specific questions -- they were very responsive when I was shopping cases.Good luck with the quest - can't say how many cases I've bought.

3. Another thing I forgot to mention in my last post...
    I have actually decided on a bag, so for anyone interested, I'm going to get this one:
    StreetLine SH 180

4. Colin, cool design that does not advertise itself. I like Lowepro stuff and they stood by their warantee when thei zipper failed on one one of my large back pack bags after years of use.

5. Watched the web site video on Streetline bags. I like the details of this bag, the water resistant zippers, the flex pocket and the double fold to to keep water out. The price seems reasonable. Most of all it doesn't look like a camera bag.