Should I sell my 18-105?

<p>Hello!</p>

<p>Lately I've been trying to clean up my old stuff and when I took a good look at my lenses, I realized it's been a huge time since I havent touched my nikon 18-105. It came with my d7000 kit.<br>

Im not sure though if it's a wise choice to sell. Ill be getting $300 for it.<br>

Here are the lenses I currently own, for you guys to have an idea:</p>

<p>sigma 17-50 f2/8: main one, all-rounder.<br>

35mm, 50mm, 85mm primes.<br>

nikon 70-300<br>

sigma 10-20</p>

<p>As I'm an amateur, I'm not sure whether I could still make good use of it in the future or not.</p>

<p>What do you guys think?</p>

<p>You have every bit of its focal length range covered with other lenses. Why keep it?</p>

<p>Honestly, I'd be surprised if you could get $300 for it, though. eBay shows the price to be, on average, lower than that.</p>

<p>Do you own & use a 2nd body to hold your 85mm or long zoom or will you try to acquire one from the money you'll get for the 18 - 105?<br>

Can you imagine situations where you'd take just the 18-105 & one body? <br>

Changing lenses on your main camera takes quite some time which you don't always have. Thats where tourist zooms really shine with their endless range. - I never bothered to get one myself. - Spreading consumer (kit)zooms over 2 bodies seems to grant similar image quality + a bit of disaster limiting in case something might break.</p>

<p>If you take your camera on pleasure trips, to family events, hiking, etc., in other words, places where you want versatility without changing lenses, then I'd sell it and purchase an 18-250/270. You'd have a more versatile lens of similar use. There are a number of 18-105s available at KEH in the $150-$200 range, so it'll probably bring less than you're expecting.</p>

<p>I also got one when I bought a D7000 (before body-only packages were available), and was planning to dump it immediately, but I just never got around to it. The 18-105mm is currently only selling for between $200 (used, mint), and $268 (brand new--old stock) on completed listings on Ebay. Take the money and run!</p>

<p>Thanks guys!<br /><br />I won't be selling it in the US. Over here camera stuff gets way more expensive and consequently resale price is higher too.</p>

<p>Also I have to say I've been in constant struggle with the "one lens for all" thought. When I first bought my DSLR, I wanted a 18-200. After experimenting with my 18-105, I realized I REALLY cared for more aperture. That's why I got the 17-50.</p>

<p>Last trip I made I felt the need for more range, but it would be the same thing if I had picked the 18-105. I wouldve wanted aperture. Damn you compromise!</p>

<p>ps: Nooo I dont plan on getting another body! I like to travel light! </p>

<p>When you get sick of changing all those primes you could find it a relief to have a zoom covering their focal lengths ....I have an ILC but it doen't mean I need or want to change lenses, in fact I simply have one, a zoom 28-280 ... different people different atitudes :-) </p>