Should I get a 35mm film camera or 16mm Bolex?

Cool old camera, great in it's day. If your a collector go for it if that is what you like. I don't understand the comparison to a 35mm film camera. I'd go for a 24mp DSLR that can take stills or video and not have to be concerned about film or processing. Without knowing you I can't give you advise other than to buy what suits your needs and makes you happy.

John, most of us who use CMC's & film can "generally" be put into the "odd" list, but we enjoy the various aspects of mechanical cameras and "usually" come up with some decent photographs that contain personal values, and at times set the forum's afire. Unless you have the urge to head into some wilderness & make a Nova documentary, I would suggest going onto Ebay and buying a FSU Fed-2 or Fed-3 camera that has a recent CLA. For less than $200, you put together a camera set that has you half way to starting a Leica fetish!. . and, we will Welcome you into our zany group! Aloha, BillDSCF6643-horz.jpg.bae89ac149986a18dc79712dbb22a8be.jpg

• 3 months later...