Shop or Store front photos of window display

<p>Hi<br>

I need to photograph a large double fronted shop window. The shop is in a very narrow street and even with a 20mm Canon lens I can't get it all in. If I take a couple of photos and stitch them together I can. But the resulting picture is in strong perspective. Ideally I'd like to photo the shopfront almost head on but there is just not enough room. One solution is to use a large tripod - I have one that extends to 11 feet -and photograph the shopfront in sections. I think I'd need at least two rows of three exposures making six images to stitch together. The street is also sloping so even if I had rails to move the tripod on to maintain a level shooting viewpoint I would be likely to have problems joining the images. I usually use Canon's Zoombrowser for stitching, I also have Photoshop SC3 (which I have little experience of using).<br>

Geoff</p>

<p>There is a free, cross platform stitching app called Hugin. </p>

<p>http://hugin.sourceforge.net/</p>

<p>You click on control points in each of your overlapping shots where you want them to join, and Hugin makes some perspective adjustments to make them fit together. It works pretty well unless there is some <em>drastic</em> distortion from the lens.</p>

<p>Peter</p>