Shooting people from the back: WHY?!;)

travis1

If you shoot someone from the back, do you have to get a model release from them, assuming their head wasn't turned to the side?

<p>

I can just imagine, "Hi, I took a photo of you from back there. I liked your butt, I would like to use it in my portfolio. Can you sign this please?" :)

Jay Meisel has made a fortune with photographs of people that are unidentifiable, either through use of silhouette, rear views (haha Jeff) or the turned away face. Aside from the obvious (no model release required), faceless people can become symbols rather than individuals. The viewer can put themselves or someone they know, or a fantasy personality into that human form... t

It's not really an acceptable POV at my paper. This is the only shot I've ever done from the back. This woman's son was one of the first casualties in the War on Afganistan, the girls in the photo had lost their father. It's perhaps the only time I've ever felt I couldn't accomplish an assignment. This is all I could turn in.<div>004LcN-10905884.jpg.07f8548ea29d45f2f3ac7b91051f46ca.jpg</div>