Shooting my first Wedding with Oly e510

I'm no pro....not by a long shot, but did recently do a wedding for a friend with my E510. Other than the shots from the back of the church during the ceremony itself, the 14-54 f2.8-3.5 handled everything else. During the ceremony (no flash was allowed and I had to do all my shooting from the back), I used the 70-300 f4-5.6.

Regarding your continuous shots, are you using flash? If so, what unit? What type batteries are you using? If the flash isn't being given time to recycle, the camera may be reverting to slow shutter speeds based on ambient light without flash after the first image, which will cause blurred images. I use an FL50 flash with nickel metal hydride rechargeables, which gave virtually near instant recycling times, allowing me to shoot, in small spurts, a few continuous sets. Do that too many times though, and you may risk burning out the flash.

Speaking of which....do you have any backup equipment in case some piece bites the dust? Weddings are the last thing I'd want to make a living shooting. Here's the folder of images I shot if you'd like to see how the camera did..

http://gmchappell.smugmug.com/gallery/4669268_wToTV#276362602_PisKS

I have been doing the odd Weddings for a couple of years now. (I retired early but now living in the country and doing a word of mouth part time business) I also photograph Endurance (horse) events. I used the E1 (until recently upgrading to E3). I use the standard 14-54mm f2.8-3.5 lens for most of the wedding and it works well. After the service when everyone is gathered outside congratulating the couple I stand back and switch to the 50-200mm f2.8-3.5 and zoom up on peoples expressions and look for interesting moments: often kids do interesting things outside the church. The big zoom allows me to isolate people from the background and catch them in a natural way. At the reception indoors I don't use flash (if I can help it) as the natural lighting is much more pleasing. The E1 was a bit noisy at ISO 800 but still acceptable but the E3 is great and I am very happy now with this setup for weddings. Though I am still struggling with the flash outdoors. I have yet to figure out how to control the light output of the flash gun which seems to be reduced when I point the camera towards the light ie doesn't work like normal fill flash does on any other camera.