Hey everyone.

I’m new here but after some advise! I’m travelling to central and southern Thailand in April and am looking at taking my trusty Pentax but I’m looking for some advice/tips on shooting film out there, what with the weather and climate etc. Is there anything I should be cautious of?

Any help would be appreciated!

Luke.

You shoot film in Thailand just like everyone else has been shooting film in every other part of the developed world for the past 100 years.

If it's hot and humid, keep the film sealed in the can(or foil wrapper) until you're ready to load it, and give it an hour out of the freezer/refrigerator to come up to temp before opening.

When the humidity is high, it's not a bad idea to drop exposed 35mm back in the can. At the same time, I've photographed in many humid places and have never had an issue by NOT doing this.

Aside from that, just keep your film dry and process promptly. You'll be fine.

You shoot film in Thailand just like everyone else has been shooting film in every other part of the developed world for the past 100 years.

If it's hot and humid, keep the film sealed in the can(or foil wrapper) until you're ready to load it, and give it an hour out of the freezer/refrigerator to come up to temp before opening.

When the humidity is high, it's not a bad idea to drop exposed 35mm back in the can. At the same time, I've photographed in many humid places and have never had an issue by NOT doing this.

Aside from that, just keep your film dry and process promptly. You'll be fine.

Thanks for the quick reply, I’m out there for two weeks and will be getting it developed once I get back to London, but as long as it’s kept back in it’s can and in a cool dark place it should keep just fine shouldn’t it? Any advise with how much light to let in or anything like that? I once went to Spain with a film camera when I was a novice and burnt a lot of film through error!

Any advise with how much light to let in or anything like that? I once went to Spain with a film camera when I was a novice and burnt a lot of film through error!

I don't understand what you're asking with this question.

Film must be kept in total darkness until its developed except for the brief time it's exposed.

If you're asking about exposure-that's a rabbit hole and not something that gets a one size fits all answer. A starting point to answer that question might be knowing what kind of film and camera you are planning on taking.

Edited by ben_hutcherson