sheet film back for mamiya tlr

robert_choi

I am interested in using mamiya c33 or c330 for shooting sheet films.

Has anyone tried it and how practical is it ? I think the format is

2x3 .Is it vertical or horizontal ? Is it quick to attach and is light

leaks a problem in using it.

thanks

Robert

It does not appear very practical... from the manual, it appears to be vertical. Film is "4-3/4 x 6-1/2 in. cut film divided into four 1/4 sizes or 2-1/2 x 3 1/2 or 2 -1/2 x 3 1/2 dry plates" and different sheaths depending on which you use. "Quick" and "sheet film" are not usually heard in the same sentence. Small sheet film appears to be a thing of the past since many roll-film cameras will shoot 6x9.

Robert,I happen to have a cut film back which came with an old C-2 I traded for many years ago. It has an adapter along with 3 cut film holders.Numbered 1,2,3. It is a very well made setup and if I remember correctly I never had any light leak problems.The holders use 2 1/4 X 3 1/4 cut film.The film is in the vert. format.However you still get a 2 1/4 X 2 1/4 size neg.I used it a few times but for the most part it was sort of a pain. The P.O. had marked the holder boxes with notes in an attempt to utilize the Zone System. All very nice stainless steel(I think) . It is very easy to attach.Hope this answers your questions. Bill Keeler

max and bill ,thanks for the info.It certainly helps .I don't mind the chore of cutting a 4x5 into 2 smaller size neg.The main reason for me to think of this set up is to be able to use something really light weight ,handheld,and the ability to use sheet film for the zone system and most importantly allow me to take 1 or 2 pictures w/o the need of finishing the whole roll.

thanks again

Robert