Share your experience with MyPublisher.com

victor_saidov

Hi,

I researched extensively into the 'cheaper' wedding books and on the surface found Mypublisher's products to be less than professional. I have not had anything published by them but reading many reviews they just dont seem to be the best one out there.

If you are open to alternatives, I registered for the photographers program with SharedInk and have had 3 books printed by them and with the added benefits of the Pro program they turned out exactly as i and my clients wanted and expected.

We ordered one for a family member who wanted a coffee table-style album with a low price tag (this was prior to us learning about AsukaBook). Personally, we were pretty unhappy with the end result (very low quality product, image quality, etc.); however, she was thrilled. I guess it depends on the person and what it's being used for.

I would suggest checking out AsukaBook instead, which offers something very similar but a lot better quality.

Jen

I have used them for a birthday gift. I made my book, uploaded it and it was a nice gift. However, I would think that a wedding book would be higher quality than their product. My Publisher books are nice keepsakes, and pleasent gifts to give or receive, but they are not professional level products, in my opinion.

The person I gave it to loved it though. I think since people rarely see a photo of themselves on anything other than a 4x6 print they are impressed with any kind of bound book of photos which feature them.

I really dislike their software, however. It is very clumsy and non-intuitive.

You get what you pay for. I've used MyPublisher quite a few times and have not had any complaints. That may well be because of the relatively low cost. I haven't ordered the high-end leather book, but the medium and small books have been satisfactory when the costs are considered - $15 - $35 depending on book size and number of pages.

These serve adequately as season memory books for sports coaches and parents, as well as thank-you gifts for select wedding guests. Granted it probably won't hold up to close scrutiny when compared to services like Asuka, but then Asuka's prices are astronomical in comparison.

My only complaints are the MyPublisher.com sticker in the back of the book - I don't always want the recipient to be able to go to the website and figure out the cost, as well less than stellar customer service when software glitches were encountered a few releases ago. (Installing the software on another computer isn't always a realistic suggestion from the "Help" desk.

I have heard absolute horror stories about them around the holiday times. Apparently customer sevice is pretty much nonexistent and when things get backed up there's tons of problems. I ordered a book in June for the company I work for. It came in a few days with no problems--but I agree with the rest in terms of quality. I'd stick to something of higher quality for a wedding album.