Sharan/Acmel Minox Film

patrick_mont

<p>Hi there-<br>

It seems based off of my e-mails/phone calls with Minox that they are going to be giving up on rolling Minox films themselves, and will pass it off to Blue Moon. I have come across these films on eBay labeled as Sharan, but on the cassette containers as Acmel- Made in Japan. The film is fresh dated. Is Acmel/Sharan rolling film. Does Minox sell cassettes, or do people like Acmel go to where Minox gets the cassettes? MS Hobbies even has this film on their website. I can't seem to find anything about Acmel online. It seems like it would be simpler if Minox kept rolling film. If MS Hobbies were in the US, or sold in bulk to a US dealer to cut down on shipping, I would be thrilled. </p>

<p>Patrick</p>

<p>Acmel used to sell 8x11 film, ACMEL MD 8x11 camera, ACMEL 8x11 cassette and ACMEL 8x11 film slitter.</p>

<p>Many years ago, you can buy brand new ACMEL cassette in lots of 10 on ebay. ACMEL cassette is better built then Minox cassette, its bridge is stronger, less likely to break.</p>

<p>The Minox slitter was actually made by ACMEL</p>

Minox did not sell empty cassettes. Acmel did.

Minox used to roll their own films.

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I am importing acmel cassettes and film in bulk. The manufacturer is in Tokyo. i do not yet know if these are new acmel cassettes or newly-made stock. Film quality and cutting quality is outstanding. </p>

<p> </p>