Shadow and Darkness (symbols)

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Julie H, Jul 8, 2017.

1. I think the obviousness comes from the shape of the dark contour looking too much human like. Here is the cropped version without the doorway.

Untitled-603.jpg

2. Its hard to completely get rid of the doorway if I crop any wider, but I can suppress it's presence a little bit.

Untitled-604.jpg

3. Thanks, Phil. I will experiment more with this setup this weekend. I think I may have to reshoot the scene to capture it properly in the vertical format. I like the idea of focusing more on the stairs, but I also want to include the railings, because I think, together they give a feeling of disorientation. Its interesting how the mood changes on cropping/aspect ratio change, or adding tiny details (but not insignificant) like the 'eyes' (LOL). Also, including a hint of the observer's (me) feet and/or hands on the stairs or railings can again alter the impression of the scene, making it more dramatic, and less introspective.

4. Thanks Phil, I had to look him up, and I am enamored of the veiled, ambiguous, murky with psychological undertones and surrealistic even, need I say <sigh> Julie's darkness. I don't think I'm quite into the same thing. But I'm really grateful you brought him up, I just discovered a new photographer to look at :)

5. I like shadow selfies.