Shade Screen?

<p>I'm on the prowl for something I saw another photographer using. I think it's called a shade screen but I can't seem to find anything anywhere and my local photo shop looked at me like I had 2 heads. It was big, about 10-12 feet tall and just as wide if not wider. Looked like a big piece of sheer fabric on a real lightweight frame. It allowed this photographer to shoot in direct sun but acted kind of like a giant sun diffuser. Can anyone tell me what this is called and where on earth to get one? I need it like now!!</p>

<p>The object is called a scrim. Type that in the search box for Adorama and you will get 300+ hits. Choose from there.</p>

<p>They need a couple of sturdy stands, and sand bags to be used outdoors. Depending on where you live, you find some to rent at a cine/video supply shop.</p>

<p>Wescott, ScrimJim, and California SunScreen are popular brands.</p>

<p><Chas><br /></p>

<p>If the fabric was a diffusion material which modified the light then technically it's called a "silk" If the fabric is actually a screen which reduces the amount of light but does not diffuse or modify the light then it's called a scrim. I'm guilty of using the wrong terms too. Sounds like you saw a silk being used.</p>