SEXY KONICA HEXAR AF : CASE ??

I had one, but couldn't imagine using it in a case. The grip is already perfect, and

surrounding it in leather seems like a bad idea. I'm not against (half-) cases, in general - i

just don't think it makes sense in this instance. I had a fine half-case from Luigi for an M7....

If you must, i'd consider a Luigi product first.

http://www.leicatime.com/a000-CasesOtherCameras.htm

(near the bottom of the page)

I have ER cases for several of my Leicas but rarely use one on my M's. I keep a case for one of my Barnacks with the collapsed Elmar and it is my 'take everywhere' camera and is most susceptible to getting knocked around. For more leisurely use I prefer the naked camera. I also have half cases but seldom use them -- just more impedimenta! OTOH, I do like to use the ERC' for my TLR's because they are more delicate and clumsy, and prone to getting banged. If I had a Hexar I believe I would prefer it be bare except in unusual circumstances. Fitted cases house some of my outfits where I take a camera along with extra lenses and accessories. I must admit, however, when I was poor and had only one camera (Leica) it was rarely out of the ERC (for obvious reasons!).

The Hexar AF originally came with some kind of ERC - well, "case" may not be the right word, it's a soft leather envelope that offers no protection against impacts at all. Other than that, there were no "official" ERCs for the Hexar AF AFAIK.

Try a "Zing Multi Camera" case. It's a soft neoprene slip-on style case. It will fit pretty

much any rangefinder. Not overly elegant, but handy, especially if you like to carry a

camera in a backpack or breifcase where it will be jostled with other items. They're about

15.00 on fleabay.

A.

• 9 months later...

You do not need to protect it. Mine dropped more than two meters on a solid oak floor. The only damage I could find was a dent in the floor. It has been carried in my daily bag to work and everywhere else in the pocket of my coat over a five year period. It has been used out in the rain and in snow. It just keep taking one superb picture after the other.

Gaute