Setting Up a Website To Post My Photos

I am interested in having my own website to post my pictures but don't know how

to go about it. I would like to sell my photo's but I no clue about the cost or

how to set it up. I know there are members of PN that have them. Could

someone give me advice. Thanks

I'm far, far from an expert on this topic, but were you considering doing your own 'coding' or were you looking for someone to do that for you? Getting web space is fairly cheap and easy these days, but I believe that there is some cost in having a site built, even now.

- Randy

If you want to set up your own website you could read an article I wrote at http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/tutorials/website/planning_website.html which gives an overview of things like chosing the name, chosing a hosting company, setting up galleries etc.

However if you don't want to do the work yourself, you might just look at sites like Smugmug or DotPhoto who will host images, create galleries and allow you to (try to) sell your work.

Thank you Bob and Randy. I appreciate this article, so much information, as I can see this is not something you can do in a few days. ( I would rather build the site myself then pay someone else) I am not sure my work is good enough to sell on the internet, even though I have sold quite a few pictures and have won photo contest. It doesn't alway mean you will sell on a larger scale. Thanks again for your help.