Setting up a heaven themed shoot

fred_monsone

<p >I am planning a heaven-themed shoot at college (black & white on film) and would like some input re ideas for props, tips for the lighting, etc. Here is what I have to start with:</p>

<p > </p>

<p >- Either 35mm or medium format B&W film</p>

<p > </p>

<p >- Ceiling-mounted and floor standing flash and tungsten lights and accessories</p>

<p > </p>

<p >- Wide and long white colorama background</p>

<p > </p>

<p >- 25-year old blond model</p>

<p > </p>

<p >- Four pairs of thin white curtains</p>

<p > </p>

<p > </p>

<p >I was thinking of getting my model all in white (I have found some big, feathery wings online I would like to buy and use), hang one pair of curtains at the ‘front’ to look like doors, you know, pulled in half-way down, so that the camera is looking ‘inside’ heaven, an maybe use the rest to hang from the ceiling at different distances from the model, and some on the floor to make it look like she is standing on a cloud.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >But this is all I have at the moment and I was hoping some of you might have some thoughts on how to improve on this. Any ideas and feedback gratefully received. The shoot is taking place in two weeks. Thanks,</p>

<p > </p>

<p > </p>

<p >Fred</p>

<p > </p>

<p > </p>

<p>cyclorama :-)</p>

<p>Seems a matter of taste, but you could have a fog machine, and back light the fog for effect. White stairs (like a stage prop that only goes 4 high) and she could be walking down. Small golden harp or lyre.</p>

<p>For lighting if you did use fog from an elevated source, you could have a spot shining down on her. A strong snooted hair light will give a halo effect.</p>

<p>Thanks Nathan. I've been looking at fog machines and provided my tutor allows me to use it that should be fantastic!</p>

<p>Could you please explain why i should have a spot shining down on my model if they fog was coming from an elevated source? Do you mean from the ceiling down? Thanks,</p>

<p>Fred</p>

<p>Fred, this is theory. I've worked w/ fog and back lit it, but never tried to have it above the model. You are going to have to work through and learn something I don't know :-)</p>

<p>I'd put the fan just below the fog and give it a cross wind. You don't need a thick fog, just enough particles in the air to show the light. </p>

<p>Good luck and post the results.</p>