Setting an Olympus EM camera to manual focus?

fast_primes

<p>I found the following reference on how to set an Olympus EM camera to manual.<br>

http://olympusomd.net/e-m5-resources-in-sub-menus/tips-tricks-2/using-af-lenses-in-manual-focus/<br>

I followed the steps outlines and it worked. However, I'm left with two questions:<br>

1--how do I reset the camera (EM10) back to it's default state?</p>

<p> 2--is there a simpler way to switch to manual focus?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>For reference sake, I'm cutting and pasting the instructions from the above link:</p>

<h1 >Using AF lenses in Manual Focus</h1>

<p></p>

For many photographers, tweaking or just using manual focus with AF lenses is a normal thing.

<p>But, if you don’t set the camera properly, once you manually focus, a 1/2 press on the shutter wipes it all out.<br>

you must do 3 things to set the camera up so your shutter 1/2 press won’t activate AF.</p>

<ol>

<li><strong>Change the “AEL/AFL” to Mode 3</strong> (Menu/Gears/A/AEL/AFL/OK/S-AF/>Mode 3/OK)</li>

<li><strong>Make Fn1 to be your AF Button</strong> (Menu/Gears/B/OK/Button Functions/>/Fn1/>/”AEL/AFL”/OK)</li>

<li><strong>Change the AF Mode to “S-AF+MF”</strong> (Menu/Gears/A/AF Mode/OK/S-AF/>/”S-AF+MF”/OK)</li>

</ol>

<p>This will allow you to manually focus with the wired focus ring, and use the shutter button to take a meter reading and exposure. without the 1/2 press changing the manual focus you set.</p>