Series VII IR Filter

Does anyone know if a series VII drop in IR filter was ever made and where I might find one? If one was

not made does anyone know of a modification that I can do to an IR filter so it drops into the series VII

lens shade on the 35mm F1.4 Lux. Thanks in advance for any info.

The glass in a Series 7 is the same OD as a 49mm, so if you have a Series 7 like a UV or some other you're not using (or could buy a scratched one like a Tiffen for cheap)you could put the glass from a 49mm IR into it. That's worst-case, if you can't lay your hands on one ready made.

• 10 years later...
  • 2 months later...
Beware that "IR Filter" means a lot of different things. First there are IR filters designed for IR photography and IR Cut filters meant to cut out IR light. Then each filter has a different frequency of light they admit depending on the IR film you were using. I have a 39mm IR filter from Leica and in all the years I've had it, I've never been able to find out anything about it or what frequencies it admits from anyone. It works on the M8 though! And it works pretty well for Kodak IR film, when it existed.