Well I'm really pleased with the outcome of this project. It started with my $25 ebay Carl Zeiss Sonnar 50/1.5 with separation and an idea I found on the net posted by Rick Oleson. Using the instructions on Mike Elek's Sonnar disassembly page and my new spanner wrench set, I got the lens apart. I spun down WD-40 in my lab centrifuge and decanted about 1 mL into a syringe with a thin 24 gauge needle. I *LIGHTLY* applied the oil with the syringe by generating tiny drops and touching them to the seam of the inner triplet with the separation (between the front two lenses). I doubt I used more than 50uL total, probably less. One must be careful not to generate a bubble so I went slow. Still, I managed one bubble but upon standing in my desk drawer for almost 4 weeks now, there is no sign of any separation, even when I inspect with a magnifying glass. It looks *PERFECT* IMO. I removed the old aperture ring damping grease and replaced it with a synthetic substitute. There was no oil on the blades so I proceeded to clean and reassemble the lens. As Rick Oleson said you have nothing to lose by trying and I may have dodged the $300 Focal Point wanted to repair this. I will continue to use it and post if there are any problems. Henry Scherer repairs separation for a lot less but he said that he cannot fix this type of edge separation. Here is the result - this particular lens has a large bubble in the rear element near the edge. I'm not going to worry about it.