lucid image

I have been asked by an ad agency to send further samples of my work after

a meeting we had. I think the meeting went well, they enjoyed my work and have

interest. I would like to send the samples in the most professional manner

possible, and feel simply attaching them to an email is not the best way. Any

suggestions? Thanks in advance:-)

Sean

Sean,

Try using photoshop. Use the Automate, PDF Presentation option. It creates a slick slide show with transitions and timing that can be easily emailed. Make a file of your logo and even add text in Photoshop that can be added as additional "slides" in the presentation. Works great for me.

Brad

I also agree a pdf is a great way to send further samples and here are a few tips coming from the ad side:

-Make sure your pdf's file size is as small as possible without killing your image quality. But as a general rule keep it under 5mb. Having worked for a bunch of agencies I found out most of their emails wont accept files larger than 8mb with limited mail box space.

-Make sure your pdf is formated to an 8.5 x 11 file size so its easy for them to print out on any printer and make sure your name and contact info is on each page. When they print out your work to a floor printer you would be amazed how easy it is to loose pages.

-I wouldnt worry about an automated slide show with your pdf as if they wanted a fancy show of your work they would go back to your website. They want samples of your work to print out and sort through as fast as possible and could get frustrated by your slide show.

When dealing with agencies always ask yourself "what can I do to help speed up their process"? and keep in mind that they are not always the most tech savvy group.

FWIW, my pet slideshow peeve is those who use lots of fancy transitions that detract from the work being presented. Keep it simple if you do use a slideshow. Just going from one image to the next is nice, not even a crossfade is necessary. Just my amateur opinion.