Self printing a travel brochure

<p>Hi<br>

I'd like to self print a 10-12 page travel brochure.<br>

I've looked up Blurb, Lulu and Mag Cloud and feel I should go with Blurb. Just downloaded their plug-in for Adobe InDesign though haven't started using it yet.<br>

Has anyone self printed a brochure (as opposed to a book) on Blurb?<br>

Any advice on brochure size and digital post processing of pictures?<br>

Thanks</p>

<p>I am just now in the process of producing a travel brochure (7 essays about Berkeley) comprising 32 pages. I did the overall lay-out in InDesign. Having done that, I discovered that there was really no need to use any of the companies you mention. In todays world, digital printing is commonly used by many print-shops, so I would use a print shop close to you. Here in Europe, the print-shops using digital printing all abide by the European standard for colour printing, CMYK, Fogra 39. So you can prepare the pictures for printing using that profile, and having them in a resolution of 300 pixels per inch. I am confident that your local printer can provide you with a corresponding profile, if you are located in the US. You provide the printer with a PDF-file ready for printing.</p>

<p>Cost-wise, I found out that printing locally would not cost more than using, e g, Blurb.</p>

<p>Hope this helps</p>