Self Made Carry System

kohanmike

<p> </p>

I've been researching alternative ways to carry my two cameras for events and concerts because I have nerve damage to my neck and shoulders and cannot use a standard strap. I wanted it to be easy to pull and replace the cameras, secure so that the cameras don't bounce around, and simple. At first I used two holsters with straps bandoliered over my shoulders, and a belt to take the weight off, but they were just too cumbersome.<br /><br />I looked around the internet and found a number of items, and when I saw the Cotton Carrier, I decided to go for it. It's a vest that uses a little puck attached to the bottom of the camera which slips into a slot holder on the vest. I used it a couple of times, but found that slipping the cameras in and out of the slot holders was problematic, and having the puck on the bottom of the camera made using a quick release plate that much more difficult (I use a monopod frequently).<br /><br />So I sat back and looked at my stash of accessories and found a LowerPro 1W lens pouch I was not using. I cut out the bottom and dropped in my D70s with Sigma 50-150, which fit perfectly. I took the belt I used for the holsters and put it around my torso, attached the 1W. I then went out and bought another 1W, cut out the bottom and added it to the belt to hold another D70s with Tamron 17-50 VC with an SB600 flash.

<br />Too bad I can't return the vest, hopefully I can sell it.

<div>00WA8H-234335584.jpg.b6b280d399f24018a8c8b1607042c0a9.jpg</div>