Seeking A12 casing serial no. ending in 939

asher

<p>Hi all,</p>

<p>I am in the middle of an eBay dispute in which the seller claimed that an A12 back had a matching insert. When I received it, it did not match. I did not mind because I just wanted to use it. However the gear also turned out to have functional issues. I informed the seller of the functional issues, also mentioned that the back did not match the insert, and the seller agreed to give me a full refund after I returned all the gear to him.</p>

<p>Once he received the gear he accused me of switching the back casing for one that doesn't match the insert. He is unwilling to consider the possibility that he made a mistake, or that he may have switched the insert/casing with that of an A24 black back he currently has listed for sale, and has repeated refused to provide me with photos of the numbers from all of the backs and inserts in his possession. I have offered to testify under oath that I did not switch the back. We've had lots of communication about this, and I have since filed a case with the eBay resolution center.</p>

<p>In the interim, I would really appreciate it if anyone reading this who has an A12 casing could check to see whether the last 3 digits are 939? </p>

<p>Thanks,<br /><br />Asher </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Personally speaking... I'd stop communicating with the seller and let the ebay resolution process settle the issue. You are in an interesting position right now - you neither have your money or the gear. You are out everything with no recourse except to let the resolution process support you.</p>

<p>Thanks Brian- good advice.</p>

<p>I have already ceased communicating directly with the seller. My goal now is to build a case for the moderator with evidence that should reduce or eliminate reasonable doubt about my innocence. I have a 13-year, 100% feedback history on over 130 transactions on eBay, so I think that will help my case as well. But the more evidence I have, the better my chances.</p>

<p> I have to add that I would probably be in a more tenuous position had I not used PayPal... I won't regret those PayPal fees again, especially if this all works out as it should.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>That would be proof that I did not switch the back, wouldn't it?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>No. </p>

<p>There are lots of inserts numbered 939, specifically, one out of every 1000 backs produced.</p>

<p>- Leigh</p>

<p>Thanks Leigh- I didn't realize that. If there are multiple inserts with 939 there must be multiple casings ending in 939, correct? The seller claims that I switched the external casing, not the insert.</p>

<p>If that is how those numbers work, then never mind. Thanks all for your help anyway...</p>

<p>I would <strong>never</strong> buy something on eBay if the serial number(s) is not clearly stated or if the seller does not answer when I ask for it.<br>

As far as Hasselblad backs are concerned, you can be 99.99% sure that if the seller does not say that the numbers are matching they do not match.<br>

If the seller does not know what you are talking about, be ready to send your back to David Odess when you receive it!</p>

• 3 weeks later...

<p>Quick follow-up: Resolved in my favor after unequivocal evidence showing that I sent him exactly what he shipped to me. Never received an apology from him for the repeated false accusations and name-calling, but I'm happy with the full refund.</p>

<p>Thanks for your collective input.</p>