Security Certificate Expired

Discussion in 'Photo.net Site Help' started by ben_hutcherson, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Looks like the ownership has let the security certificate expire on the site...

gungajim and Sanford like this.
  2. Got the same message.

3. Is there any threat to us?

4. It happens pretty much every time the certificate expires, and is usually corrected pretty quickly.

5. Tony Parsons

Tony Parsons Norfolk and Good

I thought it was the annual 'Welcome to August' message :):)

6. Sandy Vongries

Sandy Vongries Administrator Staff Member

I saw it immediately - messaged Tech at 8:43 pm yesterday, He fixed it.by 9:37 pm - on a Saturday night.

frigo and Sanford like this.
  7. Ha! Nothing like bragging about a quick response to negligence, about tech recovering quickly from not getting the job done right in the first place. But, congratulations nonetheless. We all appreciate it, minimal accomplishment that it is.

gungajim likes this.
  8. Sandy Vongries

Sandy Vongries Administrator Staff Member

Man, I'm glad I don't live inside your head.

John Peri, Ken Ratcliffe and Sanford like this.
  9. Me too!

gordonjb and Sanford like this.
  10. Sorry, but the fact that this continues to happen really shows tech support that is either incompetent or just doesn't care. I don't care how quickly they respond to this notification-certificates have a known expiration date that is easily visible to the site owner/support staff. Certificates can be renewed 120 days ahead of time, so it's not like you have a narrow window of opportunity to do it.

I know that whoever owns this site seems to have quit caring about it a long time ago, though.

gungajim, gordonjb and Doug Obert like this.