Second Hand Leica M Prices

Greetings to all!

I'm thinking about purchasing a second hand Leica M6 Classic or MP. Would

anybody out there have any idea what their going rates would be? Assuming

mint or near mint condition?

Thank you in advance.

Carlo Cruz

Too bad that M8 had a rocky launch, I was hoping for a much lower price six months after the M8 came out. I agree it may be easier to bargain with an individual than a store who paid more for the stuff and hope to still make money on it. Keeping in mind that a Nikon F5 in good condition sells for about $500 an M7 at $1700 is not an attractive deal. An M7 at $1200 would still be higher than many Hasselblads are selling for.

The M6's are going for around $1200-1500. The MP's are closer to $2000. These are coming from the cameras listed on ebay for the past six months. To the person speaking of attractive deals for Nikon film cameras vs Leica, they are two completely different worlds. I own both Canon and Leica and don't expect my Canon's to hold their value, where Leica is a long term investment. I would never consider shooting film with most Canon's again but a Leica M6 brings me such satisfaction to crank the next frame and hear the slightest click when I push down for that decisive moment. I am not too sure about the M8's rocky launch; granted they had there flaws but it is the camera that is keeping Leica afloat with them still being hard to come by and news lenses being on extreme back order.

Ditto James comments

May see up to 2400 USD for MP's in mint condition or as low as 1800 for a slight amount of wear.

A lot depends on whether the MP viewfinder was updated/sealed/etc. if it's an early serial number one - same goes for M7's which you did not ask about but just for reference.

Thank you very much gents. The Keh, Adorama, Tamarkin, etc. sites were helpful. I'll check out Alvin Hear's suggested site. Thinking about a like new M6 Titanium (1992) for US1600 or a EX++ M6 (1984) for US1200. I like the the M6TI but feel that it might be too nice for a daily user. Little confused here. Then again, they're meant to be used, right? Anyway, I appreciate your comments. Thanks!

I think that the M6 titanium was only plated with titanium unlike OM4ti and other cameras that had solid upper and base plates made of the metal. Since the benefit of such a light metal is to use enough of it to lower the cameras weight plating over brass seems unlikely to produce the normal 25 percent or greater weight reduction. Spending on better glass is a wiser way to spend your money.