Searching 'Top-Rated Photos' for 'recent ratings'; how does it work?

mikeoday

<p>I thought I was beginning to understand how the ‘top-rated photos’ gallery operated when searching for ‘recent ratings (average)’ but now I’m not so sure.</p>

<p>What I thought:</p>

<ol type="1">

<li>Sort by ‘recent ratings’ limits the search to those photos that have received ratings via the anonymous ‘rate recent’ method; and</li>

<li>If selecting a period of ‘last week’ or ‘last month’ the above search will only return photos that received 5 or more ratings.</li>

</ol>

<p>However, I don’t recall this search ever returning any of my photos and I know some met the above criteria.</p>

<p>For example, consider the linked image (<a href="../photo/8479757) that">http://www.photo.net/photo/8479757) that</a> was posted to PN and submitted for critique on or about the 7<sup>th</sup> of Jan 2009. This image received 7 anonymous ratings with average of A:5.14 O:4.71 and yet the above search does not return this image for the period of ‘last week’ or ‘last month’ (although many other photos with 5, 6 or more ratings were returned).</p>

<p>Have I misunderstood how the system works or am I doing something wrong?</p>

<p>Cheers</p>

<p>Mike</p><div>00S6Zs-105087984.jpg.3164a84b2e2b248a072760cf89634c73.jpg</div>

<p>The anonymous ratings received under the Rate Category option are not used in the Recent Ratings calculation . . . only those rated under the Rate Recent approach are used. The breakdown between these two is not given in the details of the photo so there is no way to tell if your photo should be in the TRP or not. Selecting the All Ratings in the pull down list will take all ratings into account.</p>

<p>Thank you Robert for your reply.</p>

<p>I don’t recall having seen a menu item or ‘button’ called ‘Rate Recent’.<br>

Please forgive the probably stupid question but what is the ‘Rate Recent approach’? <br>

Thanks</p>

<p>Mike</p>