Screen grab prevention

There is no difference between PN and any other site. If one can see it, one can grab it. There are deterrents to make it harder, but ultimately, if it is displayed in a browser window, it can be retrieved from the cache. And a screen shot is always possible. The only form of protection is to only upload in a size that doesn't allow large prints to be made. Don't be fooled by the many articles online that suggest to upload in 72dpi only, that's meaningful when printing and totally irrelevant for on-screen viewing.
  • Like 2

PN blocks the "right-click, save image" feature. I don't understand what you mean by "access it"; it is always on when an image is displayed large.

In pn 1.0, you were able to choose whether or not a person could take/grab your image and move it to their hard-drive. I forget what term they gave to it but it was an option/filter that users could access. It was in the same area as the “nude” filter.

If you post images to the web there is nothing PN or anyone else can do to prevent them from being downloaded. PN can disable right clicking to 'save as' which they do, however this has zero effect on the hundreds of browser add-ons available that can select and download your image in a matter of seconds.

I believe the best deterent is still applying a watermark in your post process. We have by default disabled the right mouse click on all photos, but there is nothing anyone can do about screenshots (this is not unique to PN).