SCHNEIDER/KREUZNACH 150mm 4.5

anthonymarsh

I'd expect it to be quite decent. The "normal" lens for 4x5 is usually a bit longer, like 210 or so, allowing shifts and tilts to be used, so you might be limited there. In fact, I don't know the coverage, so you might see some falloff in the corners. This may be useful- Schneider Xenar 150mm f/5.6

I have cross posted in error not having been aware that it is not correct. I need to delete one however at age 81 am not computer proficient enough to know the procedure. Can someone please advise how to delete a post?

Your lens is the 4 element Xenar, it is very capable of making excellent landscape photos. Consider it a general purpose lens, it was sold as the entry level lens for 4x5 cameras. The more expensive Symmar is a bit sharper in the corners but you won't see it until you enlarge to 20x24 or larger.

I would imagine so. I know member ShunCheung is an administrator. You can send him a personal message by clicking on the "Members" box in the upper right of this page, which will then list notable members. ShunCheung will be 3rd on the list. Click on his name and a list will appear that shows his most recent posts. Click on one of the messages he posted, and that will take you to the post. There, you will see his post, plus his icon to the left of the post. Clicking on it will open a small box that allows you to send a personal message to him.

I'm sorry I'm so long winded, but that is the only way I know of to reach him. I'm REALLY technologically impaired!