Scenics in New England

eugene_crumpler

I will be visiting New England next month, Eastern Maine, White Mountains in New Hampshire and Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard. This will be a week and half trip, so I won't have much time to explore. I will be shooting mainly B&W MF, with a nikon for some slides and the obligatory point-and-shot for "We were there prints". I will be looking for sea scapes and other land scape subjects as well as the usual New England town shoots. Any thoughts on a couple of interesting locations at these spots? I will be with my wife, so much hiking is out of the question ,as well as extended location shooting. (Not to mention the weight of the MF equipment).

I will be happy if I have 1/2 dozen excellent B&W prints to show for the effort.

Maine

1. Nuble Light (York Beach).

2. Portland Head Light (in nice state park with ruins of an old fort)

3. Pemaquid Light house - interesting light house, Ft Henery - old revolutionary war fort

4. Acadia Nation Park - Everything from Cadilac Mountain to Sea Scapes - a ways up but worth the visit.

<p>

New Hampshire

<p>

1. Check out http://www.visitnh.gov/outdoors.html

2. Kacamagus trail worth the trip - Sabady Falls very nice on overcast day (too much contrast otherwise). Interesting shots around upper and lower falls which are easily accessible

3. Mt Washington Cog railway - interesting shots of steam trains climbing Mt Washington

4. Mt Washington Motor train - numberous overlooks on the way up - usually foggy on top however.

5. Mt. Washington Hotel ( Old wooden Hotel with Mt Washington in background).

6. Bartlet(I believe I remeber correctly) Notch - Interesting notch, several waterfalls along the side of the road, excellant view of Mt Washington just south of notch.

<p>

A lot to see in 1 1/2 weeks.

<p>

Hope this helps