<p>Yes, me again. Now I am scanning some tmax 400 using Vuescan and Nikon Coolscan V ED. Trying to use recommended settings for this B&W film. However, my final scans are either quite orange or quite green. Obviously I am doing something wrong. Any help most welcome. Thanks.</p>

<p>General/generic scan settings:<br>

Source: monochrome negative<br>

Type: gray scale/B&W photo for 8 bit scans<br>

Gray scale/B&W photo 16 bit for 16 bit scans<br>

Color Photo/RGB 8 bit for 8 bit RGB scans<br>

Color Photo 48 bit/RGB 48 bit for 48 bit (16 bit per channel ) scans.<br>

actual label varies from software to software but preform the same function.<br>

Negative fix for the type of film being scanned or generic if your type is not listed.</p>

<p>I'm a little confused if you're using recommended settings, but the scans come out orange or green? This is black and white..., who's recommended settings are you using.</p>

<p>Try Setting film type to TMax400 in the Color Tab, with the middle CI index setting?</p>

<p>First save your scan as a RGB 16 bit raw file, then output greyscale jpegs, will dispel color casts ;)</p>

<p>One thing, I have this scanner, and a Minolta Scan Elite 5400. The V is murder on scratches and dust, I sympathise, you will have a lot of spotting work to do, post scan.</p>