Saying goodbye to a new corroded friend.

<p>Hello everyone -</p>

<p>It has been many moons since I have posted here nevertheless I do check in from time to time.<br>

Might as well make come back with a silly post. It is very possible that this post does not belong here, so before everyone shouts at once, please accept my apologies in advance.</p>

<p>I purchased a Kodak Ektramax from the bay for a couple of bucks.<br>

It arrived well packaged like a healthy apple - but quite rotted inside. Advance lever was jammed, and battery leakage had caused major corrosion, which could not be reversed without major surgery (re-wire-solder etc.). <br>

Spent a couple of minutes to strip it down to bare parts and removed the lens with its plastic barrel - there it was a tiny f/1.9 lens sitting in the palm of my hand. The rest of the camera was placed in recycling without much ceremony. </p>

<p>I set it aside for a couple of days, and this evening I just made a very rough cardboard cut-out and inserted the lens through. This "assembly" was then taped to an old Fuji XE-1 (yes digital), what better way to resurrect this lens rather than letting it sit and collect dust :-).<br>

Took a couple of shots. Obviously no aperture control here so f/1.9. A couple of images below with this silly contraption yet entertaining.</p>

<p>RJ</p>

<p> </p><div>00dz9a-563522984.jpg.72a93c42f821e3869190d29c5f38cd4a.jpg</div>

<p>Thanks - this is more of a play and not letting the lens go to waste. Available light gave this effect, I wander if contrast would punch up in outdoor sunny days. Next thing is possibly making an aperture disk and placing it in front, maybe that will perk up sharpness.</p>

<p>Thanks Rick - in all seriousness, classic manual camera seriousness - that is, I have been amassing and using Exakta items, and repairing the pinholed shutters. I must say, it's been quite rewarding.</p>

<p>Ralf! It's good to hear from you! I was about to email you last week to see what you've been up to since we haven't talked for quite some time, but now I see what you've been cooking up in your laboratory. What a cool way to use that lens. I'm interested to see what more you'll do with your new tool.</p>

<p>Hi Andy - good to see you - sorry its been a long radio silence on my end but am hoping to visit on more regular basis. Everyday life got too demanding with family and a recent move.</p>

<p>Will see if I can reverse the lens and get a little closer</p>