Sad, another film business shoved aside by the digital revolution.

From the story: <i>"He still mans his post at the box camera outside, but he says 95% of his customers prefer the faster

(and cheaper) photos from digital cameras."</i><P>

If you want customers, you gotta give them what they want...

www.citysnaps.net

<p>I also am somewhat discouraged, by the rather rapid changing of my hobby of film photography. I have many years and a major $$$ investment in premium equipment, even though plenty of good film is available, the weak link now is professional labs that do custom work are in a heated competition, to see who will be next to cease operations.</p>

<p>Having said that, after reading Fred Goldsmiths post I have to say he nailed it. The world, technology and people constantly change, we go from one thing to another with remarkable speed, adjusting as we progress. If manned flight had not continued to evolve, instead of flying comfortably at just under the speed of sound on jet transports, we would still be watching Orville and Wilbur crash after a flight of just a few yards. Electric lights vs candles and gas lanterns, horses vs cars, change, change, change.</p>

<p>I think it will be best if I get to know my D-70 better and use it more proficiently, I think I see where film photography is ultimately headed. Many say it will be around for a long time, but the limitations are already getting to be a bit too hampering for me, my confidence is waning. I realize a person can buy the gear and do it yourself at home, but at this stage in life I'm not prepared to invest the discipline and time. Moving on to digital myself just might be the best thing for me, I'm old and have made it through all the prior changes I've seen, gotta be something to this or it wouldn't have grown so swiftly.</p>

<p>P </p>

<p>I am a Talibani extremist when it comes to my defense of film. However, as my film scanner's sensitivity fades, ad Kodak C41 black ad white film rises well above $10 a roll here in Mexico, I'm seeing things a bit differently. I've long been holding out for an affordable, small compact digicam with enough of a sensor to work at fast ASAs. The Olympus Pen may be the answer for me, but I will miss using my old Nikons.</p>