RZ67 Technical help! Blinder repair.

Oreor7

Hello,

I’ve been brought to this forum due to how much it’s helped me find technical answers to problems with cameras I’ve owned over the past few years and now I thought the only way to find a specific answer to a problem I can’t find anywhere else is to look here.

I just took the jump from 645 into the world of 6x7, and decided to treat myself to something nice, hence the RZ. On purchase of a body however, I discovered that the horizontal blinders In the viewfinder are constantly activated, refusing to retract when the camera is put into portrait orientation. On closer inspection, the silver button to the right of the locking studs on the back of the body is stuck in the ‘engaged’ position.

I looked further into this issue, and proceeded to remove the back plate and rotating adapter to get a closer look, and make this silver button more reachable. After lots of jiggling and trying not to force things too hard, the button seems stuck in its current place. Does anyone have experience with this? This isn’t a major issue per say, as it has no effect on the camera itself, but fixing this would be a great quality of life change that would make shooting in portrait orientation much more enjoyable.

Thank you!