RZ67 lens mount measurements needed

daniel_swiger

Trying a different tack here to see if someone can help with this. This is for Mamiya RB67 & RZ67 Users

I have an RB67 Pro S

I came across an article about modifying an Rz67 1.4x teleconverter for an RB67 Pro SD

The conversion seems pretty straightforward but the fit on my ProS body is in question.

I wanted to use a 1.4x tele as it' suites the lenses to be used with it.

In particular, wanted to use the Mamiya model since it is probably a better match.

MAGNAchrom: Modifying a Mamiya Tele-Converter 1.4xRZ to fit an RB67: The Alternative Journal of Medium and Large Format Photography

What I am looking for is the dimensions of the body facing throat/tube OD/ID, on any of the following

1. RZ67 Teleconverter

2. RZ67 Extension tube

3. RZ67, Any lens

Anybody out there that could make this measurements & respond?

That would be great.

Thanks

After reading the article, and seeing the exact mounts in relation to RB mounts.... THe only thing those pins do is register the lens eletronics so it perfectly aligns with the body contacts. The mod is so simple, you really have nothing to lose... providing you do have only two thumbs?

The more you say, the less people listen.

After reading the article, and seeing the exact mounts in relation to RB mounts.... THe only thing those pins do is register the lens eletronics so it perfectly aligns with the body contacts. The mod is so simple, you really have nothing to lose... providing you do have only two thumbs?

Thanks for replying, My main concern is RB67 ProS vs ProSD. The ProSD has a bigger throat by a few mm. When you use older lenses, a spacer is required.

My issue is the other way around, smaller throat on body. If someone can take a few measurements I would know.

the rb, rb67, rb67pro, rb67 pro s are all exactly the same. the sd has a wider mount that more than likely is the same as the rz mount minus the electronic link contacts. Edited by paul ron

the rb, rb67, rb67pro, rb67 pro s are all exactly the same. the sd has a wider mount that more than likely is the same as the rz mount minus the electronic link contacts.

Well I finally have my answer. An Ebay seller in Japan responded with the measurements of the Pro S body & the RZ67 TC\

It's a not go. I will have to hope the 2x TC for RB series works well.

The mod on the RZ67 TC only works for the Pro SD & can be found here

MAGNAchrom: Modifying a Mamiya Tele-Converter 1.4xRZ to fit an RB67: The Alternative Journal of Medium and Large Format Photography

This correspondence from and Ebay seller in Japan

"This was not attached to the RB 67 ProS The outside diameter of the ring / tube at the body end of the teleconverter was 61 mm.

RB 67 ProS It was 54 mm inside diameter on the body side, so we could not install this teleconverter directly"

Thanks

so the article is misleading.. it should say an rb67 pro- sd, not an rb67!

looking at the pix in the article the camera is an sd even though the viewfinder indicates rb67. the text even refers to an rb67 and doesnt mention sd. the compatibility chart even tells you sd k line lenses arent compatible with an rb but are with an rz.

anyway, its an interesting mod.

Edited by paul ron