Russian Moment camera : Polaroid competitor

Great series, Marc. Never knew about the "Moment". I'm wondering if the market, at least at home, would have been limited since the average citizen didn't have a very high income. But I have to give the Russians credit for attempting such a model as importing the genuine article from Polaroid would have no doubt been even further out of reach for the average person.

Marc, these looks into the past are some of the best things to happen in the forum. Please keep them coming!

Reviews of Soviet equipment at the time were not too generous! There are now a few Moments in the auction site, at high prices. I wonder if they could use Polaroid film.

Very good review of interchangeable lens cameras with leaf shutter, with famous types included. Also, a good article on close-ups.

Dr. Leitz was not too keen on innovations coming soon, as 35mm cameras were in a peak of development. Maybe he had a point there - after all, many of the cameras we like were made in these times. However, he was thinking of electronics at the same time; impressive. Leitz was selling 60,000 cameras a year.

Thanks again!