Running Adobe LR and PS Cloud on more than one PC

My laptop that I use for photo editing has started having issues with the laptop screen, I have been using it as a desktop with two large QHD monitors and some external USB drives.

It is an ASUS Republic of Gamers 17inch display laptop with two SSD drives and Intel i7 processor and 16 gigs of memory. Other than some intermittent lid screen issues, it has been a great computer for editing and is working well on my desk using Adobe LR/PS cloud Photography software. The ASUS has plenty of ports for USB attachments, HDMI 2, Thuderbolt/display port.... I don't want to retire this computer.

I also have LR running on an Android Tablet and while this is nice when I am out and about, it falls short for my needs, especially when I travel for extended periods of time.

So I have picked up my next travel laptop, another gaming laptop with a plethora of ports and powerful. This one is the Alienware 17.3inch R5, 8th Generation Intel i7 processor clock at 3.9 GHz,16gigs memory, USB 3.1 and USB C ports, Thunderbolt 3, Display Port, HDMI 2, killer graphics card, I will be upgrading to two larger NVMe SSD drives, it's a heavy metal beast weighing in at 9 lbs. Essentially a desktop PC that can fit in my carry on bag and hopefully meet my needs for the next few years. Wish I could fit all that power and options in a thin light wieght Surface Pro, but no, those little laptops as dreamy as they are, just don't come with horse power I need, even the docks are only sporting USB 3.0, that is 9 year old tech. So I got some tech that may stay current for the next few months.

All fine a well, but now for the loading up of the software. Canon and Sony software installed, no problem.

So here is my question regarding Lightroom CC and Photoshop Creative Cloud Photography package.

Can I have it on my travel machine and my home desk machine, with my existing $9.99/month account?

Anyone doing this, can you have it on both as long as it is not running on both simultaneously. If not is there maybe a small bump up fee to add a second machine? Or do I need to set up a second account on Adobe Creative Cloud for this second machine. I hope I don't have to spend more money.

I do have a stand alone LR 5, put that will not handle Canon 5D MKIV and Sony A7RIII raw files. So any insight or suggestions.

Cheers, Mark

You can install Adobe CC on two computers, provided you use only one at a time. They can even be different platforms, including OS X and Windows. You must connect to the internet every two weeks or so in order to validate the subscription and receive notifications about updates.

You can transfer your subscription to a third computer if you log in and disable the subscription on one of the existing computers.

• Like 1

You can install Adobe CC on two computers, provided you use only one at a time. They can even be different platforms, including OS X and Windows. You must connect to the internet every two weeks or so in order to validate the subscription and receive notifications about updates.

You can transfer your subscription to a third computer if you log in and disable the subscription on one of the existing computers.

Thanks, that is good news. Can I still use LR on the Android Tablet, or does that have to be removed from the Adobe CC, is the Android Tablet counting as my second mobile device?

Cheers, Mark

You don't have to remove them. Applications for Android and iOS devices are free, and don't count against your subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud.

If you haven't found out, you can assign images to a "collection" in desktop Lightroom, and synchronize that collection with the Adobe Cloud. You can then view the image (and edit them) in the mobile version of Lightroom. The process uploads so-called "smart previews" to the cloud, which take very little space, but can be viewed at high resolution if desired. You can have as many collections as you wish. Images are included by reference, not by actually copying them.

You can download CC applications to as many computers as you wish, but they only work on computers which are currently activated. If one computer is under repair, you can reassign your license to another.

• Like 1

You don't have to remove them. Applications for Android and iOS devices are free, and don't count against your subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud.

If you haven't found out, you can assign images to a "collection" in desktop Lightroom, and synchronize that collection with the Adobe Cloud. You can then view the image (and edit them) in the mobile version of Lightroom. The process uploads so-called "smart previews" to the cloud, which take very little space, but can be viewed at high resolution if desired. You can have as many collections as you wish. Images are included by reference, not by actually copying them.

You can download CC applications to as many computers as you wish, but they only work on computers which are currently activated. If one computer is under repair, you can reassign your license to another.

Thanks, Ed.

Cheers, Mark