Rotating camera to take vertical shot-shrinks the picture

george_cotto

Hi George. It doesn't actually shrink the image itself, but it may appear to be doing so in the viewfinder. Have a look at

the dimensions on a computer, I guarantee they will be the same - X x Y as Y x X:). I think what you're noticing is that

in order to changethe orientation on the screen itself, it looks smaller. Is that what you mean?

It is probably just accommodating the size and showing you at a smaller percentage. In most software, if you want to

view your image at 100% you can, but you won't be able to see the whole image, just part of it.

Think of trying to view a 6 foot image through a 4 foot window. The image is there but it's hidden behind the window.

To see the whole scene of the image, you'd have to shrink t to 4 feet so the whole thing is in the window. Hope I'm

making sense and not over simplifying it?

<p>A vertical picture is always smaller on the computer monitor because there are fewer pixels vertically and horizontally .. the confirmation of this is to watch the magnification figures at the top of the display. It will be displaying a vertical picture at a smaller magnification. I imagine that the LCD is working the same way. It is a fact of life as far as the monitor is concerned. Particularly noticable if you have a 16:9 monitor or similar.</p>