Rolleiflex Standard 621 3.8 tessar.. a few images

<p>Hi all, and happy memorial day to everyone. Bought this camera a couple of months ago, compared to my mx-evs and automat 1 this thing is a beater. where my other 2 look almost brand new, this one you can tell has many many miles on it, but out of the 3, this one is my favorite, not sure why, I guess because there is no telling where its been in its 77 years. the man i bought it from told me that it probably needed to be restored, by looking at the cosmetics one would think so, but after testing it with a roll, the shutter is spot on. as far as im concerned this thing is like an old harley, the more ragged out it is the cooler it looks. here are a few images with it. </p><div>00TSrW-137777684.jpg.8eb2efafd7859741fdcff1ecc58abc5b.jpg</div>

<p>Here is what your plate says approximately.</p>

<p>Exposure in sunshine and diaphram<br>

Sunny and Bright<br>

Street light wide square<br>

landscape with light foreground<br>

landscape with wide square<br>

Portrait in open air<br>

portrait beneath trees<br>

portrait with window light<br>

portrait with window light and dark foreground</p>

<p>Times are for May June July and August from 10 am to 2 pm<br>

other months double the times listed.</p>

<p>John, nice images. I can see where a beater that works well would be really attractive. Shoot, my daily-use motorcycle is pushing 20 years and 100,000 miles, and it gets the same sort of reaction. Is German and in about the same cosmetic shape as your TLR, but everything works perfectly, in spite of rough looks.</p>

<p>Gorgeous photos from a less than gorgeous camera...then again it's beautiful to us Classic Camera people. I had a Rollei Old Standard like that I got a few years back. I really loved the early uncoated Zeiss Tessar....very much regret selling last year. But it went to good home (Art Photographer Jeffery Silverthorne.)</p>

<p>John...<br>

I love it! I don't know how the scan of the barn and ivy looks at high res or under a loupe, but if it is crisp, it would make a great looking print. If you don't have access to a darkroom or a printer, check out <a href="http://www.digitalsilverimaging.com">www.digitalsilverimaging.com</a> to make a classic silver gelatin print from a digital file. Their work is amazing.<br>

Enjoy the machine, post more here when you get the chance!<br>

Jay</p>

<p>Awesome john! I really like the cat , very classic, and second the comments on the ivy photo. It has a quality that one might find in Ansel Adams of Edward Westons work.</p>

<p>I don't have a Rollei but I'll have to get out my Ikoflex with it's Tessar..you've got me inspired.</p>

<p>Thanks for posting and do post more.</p>

<p>Sorry John if my post caught you in the middle of your presentation. It's happened to me a few times. <br>

Wow, now there's a beat up camera that's a real sleeper, but most everyone here seems to appreciate the qulaity of optics Rollei stuck on the front of thier boxes... </p>

<p>Thanks for the comments, hey and thanks for the german lessen, I am really enjoying this old thing, and as far as any type of restoration, Im not touching it though a new GG would probably help. thanks again for the nice comments</p>