Rolleiflex 6002 Battery question

clark_roberts

Batteries Plus put new cells in my SLX battery for something like $25. I had them put in NiMH instead of NiCd but then found out the SLX charger does not work with them. I bought a Synergy Smart Charger and it works fine. Also, I can't leave the battery in the camera; otherwise, it runs down in just a few days. Strange problem. Must have some kind of short.

The Rolleiflex Chargers N and C are more or less suitable for charging batteries with NiMh cells. Not the Charger G. Some care has to be taken when using the Charger N for charging NiMH cells. It may not switch to trickle-charging when the cells are fully charged. After installing high capacity cells, the max charging time of 1 hour may not be long enough for a full charge and you may need to start another cycle. The second cycle most likely will run for another full hour even when the battery is fully charged after say 15 minutes. There is risk of over-charging. When using the Charger C with NiMH cells the discharging button should not be used anymore. The signal lights may not work as expected.

Ferdi.