my pentax km.

yes i already have a flash bracket made for this camera,and

the lead from flash to camera.would really appreciate a lot of

suggestions concerning use of flash with this camera,,moreso , tips

on fully utilising the features of this beautiful 6x6 format german

made manual camera.

also,just realised after taking it home and loading the

film,that this camera doesn't yet have built in metering,, he he,,

got spoiled with my EOS and Contax gear.

would need all your expert advice,thank you ,,pc

that's great ! thanks kelly for letting me know.do you think i could use my vivitar 2800 flash gun with this camera,or do u have a better suggestion.

also , would you guys pls suggest a good contrast 120 film to use with this camera? 100 asa?200?400? and black and white?

thank you appreciatte your help. i'll probably sell most of my 35mm AF gear,i'd like to go back to basics and learn more in the long run.,

besides, i've gotten tired of using batteries,(am not an environment over conscious freak) but i guess i could help a bit in that manner too,by not discarding used batteries everyplace in this world that i go and visit and work. will need all the advice and help from all of you guys .. TIA....pc

Try old film; and stick with it a while...I didnt do this when starting out; and tended to jump around way too much...If you do jump; still continue to shoot some with your first choice; to see how the films differ....<BR><BR>With Electronic flash; make sure the X selector stays on X...Also check the strobe; with back off; and viewing thru the lens....I have a couple of older leaf shutters with X sync; that the contacts are shot; and wont fire the strobe; and have another that is actually not timed correctly....<BR><BR>The tlr is cool; it allows one to see peoples faces; when the strobe goes off..Also fill flash is easy; with a high sych speed of 1/500 sec.....

Congratulations on discovering TLR photography, it's such a refreshing change. However I would strongly advise you not to sell your 35MM equipment just yet. The Rolliecord is a lovely camera for landscape, portraits, buildings etc but it can't compete with 35mm in many other areas.

thanks kelly,will do as adviced.just loaded fuji superia 100,just to check the camera functions and what the results would be on 100 asa. i've got 2 rolls of reala 100 ready and 2 rolls of 400 B&W. fill flash works on 1/500s,hmm,thanks for sharing that tip.

thanks john, no, i wont sell all my 35mm gear,just the auto focus ones, maybe i'll keep my EOS 5 tho,it's just so easy to turn it into a glorified point & shoot. cheers guys and please if u think of something ,technique,adjustments,anything related to this TLR camera that i should know, please share and bear with me,during this first leg of my learning process shooting with TLRs. thank you so much,,

paul candelaria email pcbass@hotmail.com

I've got a Rolleicord 2.8A right now, a real gem. I think the worst part of this camera is its rather limited 3 foot minimum focusing distance. If you want to do closeup work, again, forget about the TLR. Forget about built in meters on the Rolleis...just get a handheld meter like my Gossen Luna Pro.

However, it produces splendid images for just about any other application and for about a $50 outlay I'm now processing all my B&W 120 films in my downstairs bathroom. Loads of fun. 1/500 synch on leaf shutter lenses is great.

so good to hear from you guys, very encouraging. yeah ! i tried the dark room myself ages ago. i consider myself a really lazy person , and if i know that someone around could do a better job, i'd let them do it for me while i watch and learn.

there's a pro lab here in Hk,where i live and work right now,who does a fantastic job for a pro phtg friend of mine,and i guess i'll entrust my images to be processed by this guy for now,till i find the time and place that i could do everything my own way.

another question ,, what aperture and shutter speed should i use ,shooting sunset,sunrise,and fireworks. need help,again thanks..pc