Rolleicord IV Shutter

joe_sadler

Can anyone give me a quick overview of how to get to the shutter on the IV.

All speeds were running good and then I took it out in cool weather and and now

all the 1/10 and slower speeds are hanging up. Plenty of diagrams on the web

about how to service the shutter but nothing really covers access to the

shutter. Example: Removing the baynot mount or do you remove the entire fron

plate, or only the front lens element?!?!? Thanks for anyones input or

direction to web page. I have a copy of the Rolleicord Va service manual and

Rick O's about serviceng and dis-assembly of shutter. Thanks Joe S

I will give you the quick overview.

Peel away the leather on the fort box. Yes, all of it. Next, remove the cocking lever knob; this is a bit tricky, and requires you to hold the knob and work the nut loose on the bottom. Remove all the brass screws that show under the leather, noting the locations of the "flat" and "Cheese" head screws. Do not remove the black screws that are recessed into the front covers, these hold the lens board into place and do not need to come out. Rack the focus all the way out, and pick up both covers and lift form the top (viewing lens) up a move the whole works down until it clears the cocking arm. Once clear remove the flash contact screw and washer. Now open and remove the back and take a ring tool to the shutter retaining ring inside. This is around the lens and has two small holes in it to fit the ring tool. The shutter will now drop free, and you can take the rear lens group out and remove the shutter cover and speed cam. Run it through your ultrasonic cleaner and lube it up. Make some small adjustments to the speed and you are done. Just reverse the procedure and your camera is working fine.

If this is all too much for you, let me know, as I work on basket cases, at no extra charge. Really it?s half the work, since I don't have to take it apart.

Thanks Mark, Worked perfect. Shutter is now running great and times are right on. Slow speed mechanism needed some cleaning and it's back to it's old self. I have worked on numerous 35mm and Hasselblad but needed to know the first step on a Rollei. The rest was fairly simple. Also took side off and cleaned film advance and counter mechanism. Working like a charm. Thanks