Rollei Pan F

Sensitizing dyes left over in film bases are a common occurence. More fixing can help, as can a wash agent (sodium sulfite), and more washing. Also, some fade out in the light.

When I'm done fixing TMAX 100, the fixer is pink. It fades to clear in minutes due to the 60 watt ceiling light in my laundry room.

I would read the data sheet for your film. Some manufacturers recommend extra fixing when you end up with a pink base (I believe Kodak may suggest up to 10 minutes with T-Max). Some manufacturers say other things about it. Personally, when I have used this Rollei film, it has an almost clear base. I fixed it for 7 minutes in Kodafix.

Rollei's 25 is very tweakable, but over all I prefer the look of Efke's. I also find that Ilford's Pan F is ASA 16 to 20 for the way I do things.

Keith

Dye is used to minimize the halo effect. The slightly pink color has (in this case) NOTHING to do with the too short fix time. If you have a too short or really bad fix, the film is milky and really a bad pink/magenta color which is almost impossible with this Rollei PAN 25 film due to the rather short clear time of the film.

Fix time = clear time x 2.

Rollei PAN 25 is an improved OrWo NP15 emulsion made on clear polyester (PET) base equipped with a non-curling layer. The film is produced by Filmotec (Wolfen, Germany), former OrWo.

They have all experience in slow speed and orthochromatic films. The effective film speed of PAN 25 is in most developers between iso 25 and iso 32.

To get rid of the dye (slightly pink color) you can wash longer or expose the film a short time under U.V. light (Daylight).

Films like Delta (Ilford) and Acros 100 (Fuji) will react exactly the same. With the last one even your fixer will look pink.

Some examples of the Rollei PAN 25 film on 35mm:

http://gallery.fotohuisrovo.nl/thumbnails.php?album=4

Rollei PAN 25 will react very nicely on a Beutler receipture or developers based on pyrocatechin like Amaloco AM50, Tetenal Neofin Blau/Blue. Very high sharpness and (due to the slow speed of the film) neglectible grain.

best regards,

Robert

(Dutch Rollei/Maco distributor)

http://www.FotohuisRoVo.nl)

Wolf- you might be mistaken on which Adox film I was refering to. There is Adox CHS 25 which is the Efke film. Then there is a new Adox Pan 25. It has exactly the same specs and manufacturer of Rollei Pan 25 which was released a couple years ago. Someone else also confirmed the new Adox Pan 25 is also Rollei Pan 25. Adox CHS 25 is the old emulsion based on the Efke 25 film. This is the difference. Also keep in mind Robert has not denied or confirmed the Adox Pan 25 film is or is not Rollei Pan 25.