I'm having issues with select Rollei films, mainly their Retro 80S, RPX 25, and ATP DC, all in 120mm. What's going on is the well-known issue of water and minerals within the water reacting with the film and causing those awful black dots. I ran into this once many years ago with a roll of ATP DC and was told to use demineralized water to solve the issue. That was probably 10 years ago, and since then, I've developed countless rolls of film without an issue, including rolls of RPX 25. I also shot more ATP DC, but switched to developing it with tap water and Rodinal and had no issues. However, I recently developed several rolls of Retro 80S, just using tap water (we have a water softener installed), but when I scanned them, they all had the black dots, which are most noticeable in the sky. What is also interesting is that the marks get worse if I use darker filtration. For example, if I use no filter, the marks aren't awful and you probably wouldn't even notice them if I didn't point them out. But if I switch to a yellow, orange, red, or infrared filter, the marks become much worse and much more noticeable. The darker the filter gets, the worse the black dots become. So, I had this issue with Retro 80S and then had some ATP DC to develop. I didn't want a repeat of the Retro 80S, so I went to the grocery and bought distilled water. I know it's not the same as demineralized water or deionized water, but suffice to say that the result was the same with the black dots. Regarding the RPX 25, I've never had an issue with that film before, but now it is also giving me the black dots. What's also interesting is that - with all of these films - the issue seems to persist regardless of the developer. I was doing a bit of a film test, so I developed the rolls in Rodinal, HC110, Rollei RLC, Rollei RLS, Rollei ATP DC, 510-Pyro, Ilford DDX, etc. Another point of contention with some of these Rollei films - definitely Retro 80S and ATP DC, but not sure offhand about RPX 25 - is that parts of the backing paper, whether the frame numbers or the circles, are burning through and becoming imprinted on the film itself, and is visible in the scans. It is worth mentioning that I have not had any of these issues with Rollei IR400. So, I'm trying to determine if I should get some true demineralized water and give that a shot, or just abandon these films altogether. Let me also give some more info about my developing process to see if there's anything I could be doing better. First, on the rolls where I used distilled water, I only used that for the development stage. I went back to tap water for the stop, fixer, hypoclear, etc, because otherwise I'd just be burning through these jugs of water. Another possible issue is that some of this film was shot during the fall of 2018 and developed this past winter. I stored the film properly, but not sure if sitting around played a part. Some of the film was also shot during fall 2019 and developed over the winter. I'd share some samples, but I'm not at home so, so I'll add those in later. I shot some Superpan 200 last weekend, but haven't developed that yet, so I can't say if those rolls will also be affected.