Rollei digital back - Emotion E22

geoffrey goldberg

Here's some news of a new bundle: 6008AF with Sinar (Jenoptik) Emotion E22 back, which I

think is 645 sized.

http://www.sinar.ch/press/release/0512_DigitalBundle_en.pdf

Anybody seen one working? Seems like life in the old dog yet. Or its a new partnership for

F&H ownership of Rollei. Wonder what happened to the Phase One relationship?

Geoff, To say "news of a new bundle" understates things a bit... There's a whole bunch of bundling there (financial and otherwise).

I find this all fascinating. I recently got the new Sinar catalog and noticed that Rollei was not included in the digi back fitment list. So, this relationship is at least as new and interesting as the equipment.

I just wish that Sinar brought more surety to the F&H party, but I'm afraid this may be a pairing of equals. Judging from Sinar marketing here, in the US, I have to wonder to whom they are selling their ultra-high end equipment and how long they can last? Of course it is superb, best-of-the-best quality, but for whom?

Of course, I wonder if it would fit my 2 year old 6003, which is also allegedly digital-ready.

Thanks for the tip.

Ray Hull

Geoff, just to quote the article: "The resolution of the 48x36mm sensor gives 5,344 x 4,008

pixels, each of which measures 9x9 ?m; color depth is 16 bits per color." I wouldn't call that

645 sized.

Ray, this is a bundle with the 6000AF body included for a total of EUR 19,900.-. Just like with

the Phase One bundle the back will not be sold separately by F&H (but perhaps Sinar will).

Erik - you are right about it not being 645 size. Sorry about that. I guess I was wishing....

And any news on any of this stuff fitting the 6003 would be welcome here too. In a moment

of panic, I bought the 6003 Pro back, as it was digital ready too. I wonder what that means in

this world of backs. Anyone out there have any experience on putting a digital back on one? I

guess part of it is the electronic connection (but to whose back?), and part is the "removable

film gate".

Well, no personal experience, otherwise I would be in "Chapter 11" circumstances now. I

believe it boils down to this: <br><br>

backs: <br>

- one from Phase One from the H series + the bundle,<br>

- from Jenoptik, <br>

- Ixpress from Imacon <br>

- several from Sinar, including the new bundle. <br><br>

film-gate: <br> you can check this yourself easily. On old backs the film-gate is secured

by 4 tiny screws. It is not "removable". New backs show no screws on the film-gate and it

can be pulled out just like that. You will need the new one for mounting a digital back.

<br><br> Ferdi.