<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0">

<meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document">

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">

<title>New Page 1</title>

</head>

<body>

<We are glad to hear these positive comments on Rollei

and the fantastic 6008 AF. It is true that Rollei in the US has gone through

some really rough times, and that the Samsung folks have messed up a lot of good

relationships. It is only now that Rollei USA finally has a dedicated new

ownership and great staffs, who really are busy to change the way Americans look

at Rollei to the better. This costs time, and money. The new web site is an

example of the new strategy, and as mentioned above, the English manuals now are

revised by American editors so they are easier to understand for US customers. In the 1970s, I have worked (free lance) for Rollei Germany at several Photokina

events and assisted in most of their European subsidiaries training sales staff

to sell the SLX which was new at the time. What I have learned from my contact

with Rollei then, is that they have the best technical engineers and production

employees you can imagine, but little knowledge how to set up and execute a

marketing plan. And that remark even stands today.<br>

We are glad to hear these positive comments on Rollei <br>

and the fantastic 6008 AF. It is true that Rollei in the US has gone through <br>

some really rough times, and that the Samsung folks have messed up a lot of good

<br>

relationships. It is only now that Rollei USA finally has a dedicated new <br>

ownership and great staffs, who really are busy to change the way Americans look

at Rollei to the better. This costs time, and money. The new web site is an

example of the new strategy, and as mentioned above, the English manuals now are

revised by American editors so they are easier to understand for US customers.<p>

In the 1970s, I have worked (free lance) for Rollei Germany at several Photokina

<br>

events and assisted in most of their European subsidiaries training sales staff

<br>

to sell the SLX which was new at the time. What I have learned from my contact

<br>

with Rollei then, is that they have the best technical engineers and production

<br>

employees you can imagine, but little knowledge how to set up and execute a <br>

marketing plan. And that remark even stands today.</p>

<p>Through my contacts with photographers I learned and understood that <br>

sophisticated and expensive cameras like these from Rollei only would sell if

<br>

the customer can be sure that he will experience dedicated and knowledgeable <br>

backup by the dealer and the factory representatives.</p>

<p>Under the new management and ownership, Rollei USA is ready. The products are

<br>

better than ever. Now it is the dealers who should come forward and support <br>

Rollei again. On the other hand, today we have the Internet. This will certainly

<br>

change the way customers find Rollei products, support and help in an <br>

unprecedented way.</p>

<p>Mark<br>

<br>

<a href="mailto:info@rolleiclub.com">info@rolleiclub.com</a> <br>

</p>

</p>

</body>

</html>

I will concur with Mark's thoughtful and candid observations. CTrades (from whom I purchased my new 6003) is wonderful to deal with. With any internet dealer, you have to be patient in getting detailed information...you can't just walk in and lean over the counter for a chat on some esoteric issue. But CTrades has been very helpful in that regard phone and email. (the infamous flash usage issue).

And, I am learning a lot here too....so thanks.

Ray Hull

"CTrades....is wonderful to deal with"

Indeed I must agree with the above statement. Until recently I was entirely unaware of this company, however having read several positive comments here and elsewhere, I decided to check them out. And, am I glad that I did! After only one purchase (at a price that put B&H, Adorama, and even Robert White to shame), I have to report that I was very pleasantly surprised by the level of professionalism, knowledge, and friendliness of the proprietor, Mike.

Unlike so many other dealerships these days, Ctrades prides itself on a superior knowledge of product matched only by its superior quality of customer care. Also, their shipping was amazing: I received my order in around 4 days (Los Angeles to Sydney). I only wish all photographic purchases could be like this, and I have no hesitation in recommending Ctrades based on my experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

I must concur with the above postings re. Mike @CTrades.

I've dealt with him for many years; he's honest, knows Rollei equipment very very well, can give practical advice on a number of photographic (& other!) issues; is expeditious in his transactions, & is price competitive!

In "ancient times," we'd discuss, for example, some lens comparisons based on his test results shooting chromes ; he'd opine on the advantages/disvantages of this or that lens, or the trade-off one must confront using this system vs. that one.... I remember 4 or 5 years ago, how he worried about the future of Rollei without introducing an AF camera; or, in his view (& mine), how Rollei could have "blown the competition out of the water" had it introduced a 6x7 model. Well, Mike you're batting .500 --so far!

Anyone interested in Rollei should really talk to Mike!

BILL

• 1 month later...

I must chime in to say that Mike at Ctrades is a rare gem. I was in the market

for a Rollei SLR system... Mike spent ALOT of time going over pluses and

minuses of different gear- in the end I didn't purchase anything from him- this

is my way of trying to give something back tto him; Mike is one of the best!! If i

thought I could raise the $$, I would be giving him an order for the 6008AF!

(It was only a lucky bid on a popular auction site that prevented me from

buying from Mike at Ctrades.com)

• 9 months later...

I can only join those who recommend ctrades.com as an

excellent Rollei dealer. For me as a newcomer to MF

photography the 6008 integral was the top choice but out of my

budget. Mike, however, gave a winning offer to me when I first

contacted him about another product. He provided exceptional

service in delivery too, and the camera is fascinating. I'm just

trying to figure out more time for shooting - I am not a pro.

• 4 months later...

Mike of CTrades probably set a new record with my shipment: I received the 6008AF

+ 180AF + 1.4 in 3 days, from California to Italy, including the custom clearing

(usually a nightmare when we receive goods from US). I traced the shipment by the

hour on UPS web site, quite exciting for my first MF camera. And prices were really a

very good deal.

• 2 months later...

I have used CTrades for a number of major Rollei purchases and they have the best service and the best prices I have found. They only sell Rollei USA official import products and are Rollei Authorized.

The 6000 system is the best MF system out there - it is too bad that more folks don't know it in the USA. Hope I can afford to get the 6008AF body - it finally has the fill flash I would like to have!