Rollei 6 x 7 Enlarger

tim_sheldon

I am in need of a good used MF enlarger for both B&W and C-41 printing. A local shop has a rollei 6 x 7 enlarger in excellent condition for around $ 600 with a dichro head. I have absolutely no experience with this enlarger nor have any of my local contacts. Is this a decent enlarger for going up to 16 x 20 or 20 x 30 prints???

<p>

Thanks for any and all input

Is it a Rollei Nikor enlarger? I have one I have used for years to print both color and B/W VC paper with the dichro head and been very happy with it. It is fairly rigid, alignment is good and the illumination is even, but you can't make prints larger than 11 x 14 from 6x7 on the baseboard with an 80mm lens because of the short column. You need to use the wall or floor for larger prints. Be advised that the enlarger is out of production and I don't know where to get negative carriers for it. Also, $600 sounds high unless a really good lens is included in the price.

You see them with several names: Rollei, Nikor, and I believe, Saunders. The older ones had a built-in power supply and the newer ones had a separate power supply. The going rate around here is about $250, although I have seen them for $150. The dichroic head is great for easily converting old 4x5 condenser enlargers to color/vc.

• 4 years later...

I just bought one of these Nikor System 6x7 by Rollei enlarger this morning from a Camera swap meet. It's in great condition, dichro head knobs turn smoothly, head goes up and down effortlessly. I think I got a good deal - paid $30 Canadian for it. The seller doesn't normally sell darkroom equipment so he just wanted to get rid of it. Now, the problem is that, it was missing the power supply/connector. I'm not sure what's suppose to connect to the two prong electrical cord. I opened it up and it shows 12 v AC for electrical requirements. Where do I get a power supply for this unit? It seems simple enough to make one...is it?

franco@shaw.ca

• 6 years later...