Rodenstock Lens Question

erik_l.

Hi All,

I have a Rodenstock 135/5.6 MC that is missing the aperture scale on the top of

the lens. It has the scale on the underside, and I was wondering if there is any

problem with unscrewing the two little screws that hold the aperture scale in

place so I can move it to the top of the lens.

Does that make sense? Anything I need to be aware of?

Thanks in advance, Erik.

There's no "pointer" for the scale? I just wonder, how did it get onto the "wrong" side? Is it the right/original shutter for the lens?

Anyway, should be no problem, so long as it's the correct aperture scale for that lens/shutter combination. The aperture will open at the same rate no matter where the lever/arm/gizmo (help me out here!) is.

Be aware though that the aperture scale is often at the "bottom" of the shutter -- and there's no harm in just flipping the whole thing over on the lensboard so that the scale is at the top, if that's what you prefer.

Re where to order a replacement scale: In the US, Rodenstock lenses are distributed by HP

Marketing: HP Marketing is the contact for warranty service on Rodenstock lenses. So if

you are in the US, I'd try contacting them: /www.hpmarketingcorp.com/warrantysvcs.html.

Outside the US, either the distributer for your country, or Rodenstock (linos) directly (http://

www.linos.com/pages/home/shop-optik/rodenstock-foto-objektive/).

So I spoke with the nice people at HP Marketing today, and their recommendation was to find a camera repairman who could engrave a new scale. I know SK Grimes offers this service.

They basically said that they do not sell this piece as a replacement.