Rodenstock 90mm f/6.8 Grandagon

Discussion in 'Large Format' started by wmwhee, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Cowboy, I have an SC. Set up properly and with the tripod mounting block not between the standards it will focus lenses much shorter than 90 mm. If you knew the camera you'd know that relocating the tripod mounting block is easy. Heroic measures aren't needed. Bag bellows not needed with a 90, either.

2. What's heroic about setting a few camera movements? Not much point owning a monorail if you don't use its movements.

Besides, my tip works with other monorails that are a pain to swap the position of the rail mount or standards.

Funny how some people will jump on a reply while not actually addressing the OP's question.

3. Please see post #19 above.

4. I just got around to taking a couple of shots of my DeVere 'Devon' to show how much the standards can be closed up by simply tilting them backwards.

As far as I can remember, the Cambo design is pretty similar to DeVere's. Most monorails are fundamentally much the same anyway.
    Square.jpg
    Minimum closure with no tilt.

Tilted.jpg
    Tilted. The difference is a very useful 2 cm (from 7.5 cm to 5.5 cm), all without troubling the mounting block.

The forward part of the rail gets moved well out of the field of view as a bonus.

This also works with technical cameras that simply can't have their minimum distance between uprights altered.