Rock types, fellow travellers and Factory workers

paul t

If anyone here is interested in alternative music, Andy Warhol's Factory, and general

rock'n'roll carnage, you might want to check out my website,

<a href="http://www.trynka.net/Site/Welcome.html">www.trynka.com</a> . Click on 'New

York' to get to the first photos. <p>

I make no claim whatsoever that any of this is photographic art, but many of these people

are intriguing subjects. Danny Fields, for instance, was the man who hung with Andy

Warhol, helped break the Doors, and discovered bands like the Stooges and The

Ramones. Leee Childers was another figure on the Max's Kansas City scene who ended

up looking after David Bowie, and the main subject of my website, Iggy Pop. <p>

Incidentally, this was assembled using Apple iWeb, a brilliant package considering it's

free, running on a G4 that I found abandoned in the street. You might have heard that

iWeb doesn't interface well with a non .Mac server, but with the right FTP program -

CaptainFTP, which is also available free - it works a treat...

I know Iggy was once significant to some demographics, just as Brittany Spears was. Significance is significance, but just how are Iggy or Bowie or Warhol or Ramone "alternative", given that they still have massive publicity machines? And what does this have to do with Leicas or photography?

In fact, I first heard about Iggy from Pat Johnson. That's one reason I provided his link.

Hello Paul

Nice site, you've made Mick Rock look good! Ive been working with Phil King and Caroline

Catz on a film on Jesse Hector from The Hammersmith Gorillas, and hoping to get one on

Brett Smiley off the ground..

Done some stuff on Wilco for next months Uncut

I've set aside Easter for your Iggy book..