Ritz camera filing for bankruptcy

AJG

<p>Not many camera's stores left. I have never seen a D300 or a D700 in real life. I saw a D3x onetime at the University of Portland when I was there to see my daughter. I asked the photographer about it but he did not offer to let me drop it, I mean hold it.</p>

<p>The article mentions...<br>

"<strong>Two potential bidders</strong> mentioned in those documents may seek to continue operating under the Ritz Camera, Wolf Camera, Kits Cameras, Inkley’s, and The Camera Shop brands. The company hopes to obtain an initial “<strong>stalking horse</strong> ” bid from one of the two interested parties and then hold an auction in which assets, including inventory, leases and intellectual property, would be sold to the highest bidder." " <br>

Who is large enough to buy the bones of David Ritz? I could imagine Adorama or B&H buying a portion of their properties IF they wanted to expand. (That's a big if) Who would have pockets deep enough in this economy and the experience necessary to acquire Ritz? I could stretch my imagination and see B&H buying Camera World in Portland so they could have a West Coast presence. Maybe Broadway photo will buy them? (I could have nightmares about that)<br /> </p>

• 3 weeks later...